Underwater Scooter and Video Service
PADI 5-STAR IDC CENTRE
Hello my name is Alex Froemtner and I welcome you at Khao Lak Scuba Adventures, the one and only liveaboard dive tour operator to explore the Similan Islands, Richelieu Rock and beyond on guided underwater scooter tours.
Since I first tried a DPV (Diver Propulsion Vehicle) I got inspried with this style of diving. The scooter gave me the freedom to explore large parts of the reef and to see much more marine life at the same time then if I would if I join a regular dive without them. At some dive spots I was able to explore 4 different dive sites in a single dive regardless of currents and be back at the boat by the same time as regular divers.
The best way to enjoy the diving with a scooter is to share the adventure with your dive buddy. Here at Khao Lak Scuba Adventures we offer you 3 state of the art Suex DPV. This Scooters are no toys as often seen in other dive locations, Suex Advanced Diving Vehicles are used in many types of different environments and mostly accompanying divers on the edge of the possible, such as Technical Diving and Deep Cave Exploration.
Your scooter adventure highlights can be recorded in a HD video and edited for you to remember and share your experience with your friends back home.
During your liveaboard trip on-board the Manta Queen Fleet you could choose several spectacular routes on your scooter tour such as:
1. The infamous "Elephant Head Rock Pinnacles" rarely dived during the season due it's difficult accessibility for regular divers and its hidden location several hundred meters away of Similan Island top dive site Elephant Head Rock. Most of the regular dive guides and instructors even after years of working at the Similan Islands have not been blessed with seeing this hidden treasure at the Similans. The "Pinnacles" itself will blow your mind but combining it with Elephant Head Rock without any doubt one of the world best dive sites. Beside a stunning boulder dive site covered by soft corals and huge sea-fans chances to see sharks and other large pelagic fish is almost guaranteed.
2. Possibility to fully circumnavigate Similan Islands 6, 7 and 8 and combining 3 / 4 dive sites on a single scooter dive. You could easily add several extra dive sites to the limited amount of dive sites offered during a liveaboard cruise. Instead of the offered 15 dive sites during a 4 day and 4 night liveaboard at the Similan Islands and Richelieu Rock you could add 3 or 4 extra dive sites to your experience.
3. Explore "The Dome of Doom" at Koh Tachai Plateau without being troubled by the ferious currents often present, let the scooter work for you saving your air and prolonging your dive on one of the best places at the Similan Islands to encounter Manta Ray and Whaleshark.
4. Richelieu Rock, Thailand's best dive site and world wide rated at one of the top 10 dive sites. Explore the complete dive site regardless of currents or not and once you have spotted the Whaleshark accompany him alongside and enjoy this maginificient creature while regular divers cant follow! It is a difference to dive 1 minute with a Whaleshark seeing him cruising by or spent actually a long time along it's side.
5. Koh Bon West Ridge "Manta Hot Spot" and the famouse Koh Bon Pinnacles. Similar to Elephant Head Rock this can be rated as one of the most spectacular dives possible in Thailand with the highest chances to find Manta Rays.
Here is a preview of my portfolio:
Contact Khao Lak Scuba Adventures and ask for me Alex